2024 Education Grant Priorities
- Promote natural resources, clean water, and soil protection
- Support projects that fall under the STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading, Art, & Mathematics) Initiative
- Meet the unique educational needs of communities, towns, or counties
Grades K-8: Improve educational equipment, curriculum, and learning materials
Grades 9-12: Support career development and training
Adult Education: Focus on community outreach and/or career development for minorities and the underserved
2024 General Grant Priorities
- Support and promote the development of local law enforcement and first responders
- Promote and develop rural healthcare
- Protect our natural resources through both soil and water conservation
- Projects that support or honor veterans and/or their families
- Promote community development projects that sustain or increase employment opportunities
- Improve parks, recreation, and outdoor opportunities.
The minimum amount of each award is $5000.00.
Funds are subject to availability based on quarterly appropriations and are subject to proration if ordered by the State Finance Director. Projects will be paid upon receipt of all invoices, cancelled bank checks, photos of before and after work on the project has been completed.
All funds awarded must be expended by August 1st, 2024 for Grant Cycle 2024. No extensions will be granted.
Photos of completed grant projects will be taken and posted on the Wiregrass RC&D website unless otherwise noted. To qualify for a grant you must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit or a Unit or Sub-unit of government (county or city government, school systems, etc.)
Use the link below to find your legislative number needed for your application: