The mission of LEAD Wiregrass is to build a stronger community by developing leaders who effectively serve and unify the Wiregrass region. We provide a diverse group of emerging community leaders with opportunities to enhance their community knowledge, civic network, and leadership skills.
LEAD Wiregrass is a 9-month interactive program that offers current and future leaders an opportunity to develop leadership skills and apply them in the community.
2023-24 Tentative Schedule
- January 31
- March 19
- May 8
- June 26
The program is a combination of classroom instruction, community needs assessment, community project implementation, and tours. Each session contains a variety of learning and personal development lessons.
Sessions in the past have included:
- 2-Day Opening Retreat
- Community and Economic Development
- Public Safety
How Participants Benefit
- Enhancing leadership skills, including collaboration, cultural competency, and communication skills
- Building rapport with people with different views, interests, and backgrounds
- Identifying and developing leadership resources within our community
- Improving understanding of their personal and community assets
- Engaging with legislators and other community stakeholders
LEAD Wiregrass seeks participants from all sectors of the community: agriculture, education, business, law, medicine, neighborhoods, social services, the arts, government, religion, and more.
Participation is open to all races, nationalities, ages, and genders.